• This forum is currently in Read-Only mode and will not accept new threads, posts or responses.

To Sign Up for the New Forum, click here: https://www.cco.us/cco-forum/

hello I'm new

yusuf

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Yusuf and I just started today with the course. Any pointers on how to study the material in an effective consise manner would greatly be appreciated. Just finshed chapter one and am waitng for my books to arrive.

Thanks alot!!!:)

Luna

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
FBC Student (CPC-H®)
Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Yusuf and I just started today with the course. Any pointers on how to study the material in an effective consise manner would greatly be appreciated. Just finshed chapter one and am waitng for my books to arrive.

Thanks alot!!!:)
Welcome yusuf.
I too am a student. What course(s) are you taking? Are you already a coder going for certification or is this a new career move for you?
You asked about study tips and that reminded me there is a similar post already containing several study tips and struggles in the PBC student forum. Just sign in as student and you should have access to the PBC forum and you'll find the one on studying. It is recent and near the top.

Maybe some of these techniques will work for you. And maybe down the road you'll have a few study related pointers yourself.

This is a new career move for me. I completed the Medical Terminology & Anatomy course last month and am now venturing into the PBC. I'm just getting through the ICD-9.

If this is a new career move and medical terminology and anatomy are new to you, I would strongly recommend the MTA course. Or at least get your self a good term/anat book like Betsy J. Shiland's Medical Terminology & Anatomy for ICD-10. It does not teach ICD-10 but has extensive terminology, anatomy, and physiology to help you know the medical language you will be translating into code.

Welcome aboard.

yusuf

Blitzer
PBC Student (CPC®)
CCO Club Member
MTA Student
new career move for me too Luna. I'm taking the coding certification course and just getting used to the abbreviation at the end of chapter one...I will check out the student forums. Thank you very much.